1. Important Information and who we are
We are committed to complying with the highest standard governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
3. Links to Other Websites
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their Privacy Policies. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
4. Collection of Information
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
We collect the following information from you:
The type of information you provide to us and how we use it depends upon how you use our services.
How we use your data
We will only use your personal data for lawful purposes. This includes:
Telephone We may monitor or record phone calls for training and quality purposes. We only do so if we inform you at the time of the recording or if you choose to leave a voicemail message.
Job Applicants and Employees If you contact us as an applicant for a job, you are required to give us your contact information (name, address, email, and telephone number). Then we may contact you to have you send us your CV. Any personal information is only used for the purpose to evaluate your application and will be treated with the greatest care.
Traffic data from our websites
Traffic data, e.g. data being collected and used to measure the amount of usage of a telecommunication service, will only be collected as necessary for the purpose of performance of services and invoicing. We also collect traffic data with regard to any login attempts into our systems. Traffic data will not be stored longer than six months above the time required for invoicing and the provision of the service, unless the customer requests a longer storage time within the scope of a statistics function. Traffic data will not be used to create user profiles.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Logs
We collect information related to your use of our website using cookies, web beacons, and log information.
Web beacons are objects embedded into web pages that allow us to determine whether and for how long users view web pages. We use web beacons for site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, auditing and reporting, personalization, and other functions.
Log information may include website requests, Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to enhance the functionality of the website and to make your access more convenient, secure, and efficient.
We also use information gathered from logs, cookies, and web beacons to monitor website performance; improve website design, functionality, and security; and assemble web analytics and activity trends. We retain such information for as long as reasonably required for business purposes or as reasonably required to comply with our legal obligations.
You may stop your browser from accepting cookies or web beacons. The Help portion of your browser should explain how to configure your browser's cookie handling. Your browser may have add-ons that may help you block web beacons. You may have limited functionality if you block cookies or web beacons set by our website.
5. Use of your information
We use the personal information it collects for:
We may also publish your data based on your explicit, informed and freely given consent, if applicable. For example if you explicitly request the publication of your data in a registration database (WHOIS) despite our ability to redact or hide such data. This consent may be withdrawn by you at any time. The manner of publication of your data on the WHOIS depends on the policy of the Registry Operator’s policies and we encourage you to read their privacy policies and Whois policies to better understand how your data is used and published.
Change of Purpose
6. How long we keep your information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
The table below illustrates what information we collect, how we use it and how long we hold it for:-
7. Disclosure of Information
In addition we may use or disclose personal information held about you:
8. Security and storage
We place a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Personal information is anonymised or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
We retain the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Our website site uses a process called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all critical information passed from you to us, such as payment information, in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. The transfer of information across any media may involve a certain degree of risk, and the internet is no exception. As a result, while we take reasonable steps to protect users' personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us or from our website.
You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secure and should take all reasonable steps to do so.
9. WHOIS Policy
The public WHOIS service is a standard feature of domain name systems around the world. The purpose of the WHOIS service is to allow users to query a domain name to find out the identity and contact details of the registrant. The WHOIS service is provided via a web-based tool and Port 43. With the coming into force of the GDPR the full WHOIS data may be protected by privacy services, redacted and limited. However full whois data may be accessed where requestors have legitimate interest in accessing full whois data. For example law enforcement may be entitled to access your information for investigation of crime. Where your name, email and addresses are protected by privacy requestors for legitimate purposes may contact you using a webform which will not show any of your identifiable information. This could be used to notify you of claims court processes or other legitimate purposes9.1 Collection of WHOIS Data
10. Correction of personal information
11. Transfer of information overseas
Pursuant to the Australian Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a country other than Australia only if such transfer is permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles. For example, your personal information may be transferred to the United States in relation to certain domain names. Generally, your personal information will be transferred to a country relevant to where you register a country code domain name for the purpose of registering and renewing that domain name. If you are under the jurisdiction of the EU or European Economic Area, we will not transfer your personal data from to outside of the EEA unless it: is necessary for the services you requested, complies with the provisions of the GDPR in the form of contractual commitments for safeguarding Personal Data, Binding Corporate Rules in accordance with Article 44 - 50 of GDPR, or to an Adequate Country.
12. Your rights and access to information
All information that we have collected is available online in your account and you may access such information at any time by logging in to your account through our website.
Under the privacy laws you have rights which may include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and receive information about how we process it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us to protect your security and comply with our data accuracy policies.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You may request to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reasons for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in such limited circumstances as: where you wish to cancel all services and close your accounts; or where you need us to hold the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims when we would normally delete or anonymise the data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will allow you to copy your information held by us. If you wish to transfer domain names to another registrar please login and go to the “Manage Transfers” tab on the website.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
13. Opt-Out Policy
Where you have opted-in to receive such communications we may send you information about our products and services. To opt out of marketing or promotional emails, please either click the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email communication or go to http://www.instra.com/unsubscribe.html to be removed from future communications.
14. Contacting us and complaints